Every year at this time there are many homeowners who decide to wait until after the holidays to list their homes for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. Contrary to popular opinion, waiting until after the holidays to sell your home doesn’t necessarily make the most sense if you’re thinking about selling your home.
- Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy !
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
- Go nuts with the Christmas decorations as homes usually show better when adorned with twinkly lights.
- There will be minimal competition for you as a seller right now. Inventory of homes for sale traditionally slows in the late fall, early winter. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
- Conversely, the desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream homes during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, will continue to surge and reach new heights which will lessen the demand for your house in 2019.